- She was born in Melbourne, Australia, and has lived here ever since.
- She went to Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University for a degree in Information Management and Library Studies.
- This means she is really a nerdy librarian.
- Mum worked as a librarian for six years after uni, but not since then.
- Mum has had a lot of marketing and event management jobs in her life.
- Mum had never owned a cat before I came along.
- Mum's first dog, Buffy, was a Standard Poodle mix something, and she used to dress him up in her doll's clothes, and sleep in his bed with him. He never complained about this treatment.
- Mum has been to Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen, Greece, England, Poland, the USA, Canada, Vanuatu, Fiji, New Caledonia, the Cook Islands, and she is going to New Zealand in March.
Wait a second, I didn't know anything about this!
- Mum and dad met on a blind date, and have been together ever since.
- Mum is a very good cook.
- Mum does not cook for me; this is not fair as far as I'm concerned.
- Mum had laser eye surgery in 2007, and now has perfect vision.
- Mum cannot sew to save her life. It's true. She can't even put a hem up.
- Mum is quite a good photographer.
- Mum saw real live polar bears in the wild last year, and says it was the most amazing thing she has ever seen.
- Mum's family is all Polish.
- Mum went to Polish School when she was little but doesn't remember much of it. She can still count to 10 though.
- Mum has a serious addiction to shoes. She has 93 pairs.
- Mum played tennis three times a week when she was younger.
- Mum now suffers from tennis elbow, or RSI.
- Mum had a stroke when she was 22. She is fully recovered these days.
- Mum learned Japanese for five years at high school, but remembers even less Japanese than Polish. She can still count to 10 in Japanese though.
- Mum thinks 40 facts about her is a lot; isn't everyone bored yet?
- Mum has one sister who is 18 months younger than she is.
- Mum has blonde hair and green eyes; her sister has brown eyes and brown hair.
- Mum has never broken a bone or had a filling in her teeth.
- Mum used to play netball when she was a puppy, now she just does some walking. Something about a bad knee...
- Mum switched from a PC to a Mac at home last year and thinks it is marvellous. I find it pretty good for my Huffle blogging too.
- Mum's least favourite type of housework is ironing.
- Mum can remember the phone number of every house she's ever lived in. She can't remember what to buy at the supermarket each week though - she needs a list.
- Mum is not a coffee drinker but dad makes her a coffee in bed every Saturday and Sunday morning and she really appreciates it, and drinks the coffee happily.
- Mum works for the Victorian State Government, in catchment management. This means she worries about water for all of us.
- Mum's favourite book ever is Catch 22, by Joseph Heller.
- Mum is allergic to peanuts - they cause her migraines.
- Mum is also allergic to salt.
- Mum has met a lot of people in her various jobs, and counts a former Premier of Victoria among her friends.
- Mum travels around the state a lot for her job.
- Mum's favourite colour is purple.
- Mum is very accident prone, and has fallen down the stairs at home, and at work.
- Mum is ecstatic we made it to the end of the list.
This is mum at Mount St Helens in October last year.
Now we're going to tag:
Star and Jack-a-Roo's mum
The OP Pack's mum