Angus, this is probably the hardest question I've been asked so far! There are a lot of elements to being an honorary husky, one of which is definitely having a husky for a best friend, so you can learn from them. As you know, my best friend Zim of the Army of Four is a husky and I learn a lot from him. I also learn heaps from his sister Stormy, Supreme Commander of the Ao4. For example, she taught me how not to pose for photos. That's a very important husky trait.
But to quote my award, an Honorary Husky is for someone who has been helpful or supportive to the husky cause. And that's the biggest thing you can do to become an honorary husky. I can also suggest trying to become a member of HULA. There are a lot of requirements for that:
- Demonstrating disruptive behavior
- Cause your human to freak out for no real reason
- Cause human guilt for no reason, other to get attention or treats
- Destroy something
- Human behavior modification
- Being dressed up as something for the humor of the humans
- Love of kleenex
I hope that helps, Angus.