Monday, July 30, 2012

Competitive Napping Event Day 1

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!  Um... quietly.  That's right, it's competitive napping time!

This is how it's going to work.  Today, and over the following four days, I am going to post all the entries for competitive napping.  They will be posted in reverse alphabetical order, so if you had more than one entry from your family, they may not necessarily appear together. 

Then NEXT Monday, the medal ceremonies will be held.  HuffleDad and my bestest friend Zimmie's mum will be the impartial judges.

First up, we have Zoey from Zoolatry.  Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?
Zoey Zoolatry

Next up is Zoey (and Harley) from ZeeZoey:
Zoey and Harley
Those crossed back paws give Zoey a certain edge, don't you think?

Our next competitor is Winston. If this isn't napping of the finest order, I don't know what is. Winston

Next up is tortie girl Willow. Boy does she know how to nap in style!
Willow

Here are Whisky and Ling, they're not synchronised but they're napping alright!
WhiskyandLing

Next up, Weenie and Mona, the Texas dachsies. That is some serious napping going on right there.
WeenieMona

What I'd like to know is, how does Tucker the great dane manage to make such a small nap pile?  Where are the legs?
TuckerGreatDane

This is Treasure. I didn't know windows could be used as a prop for sleeping!
Treasure

Next up, a stylish French competitor - Tommy from the Chans. Sleeping with a prop is very clever, Tommy!
TommyChan

Now, this is Reuben's cousin Tater Tot. This is one of the most impressive sleeping positions I've seen in a long time. (if you don't know Reuben, his entry is coming up in the next day or two)
TaterTot

This is Sweet.  It's a bit hard to fault her name, isn't it?  Look at those paws!
Sweet

This is Star from the Celestial Kitties. I'm pretty sure her back end is higher than her head. How does she not get a head rush??
StarCelestialKitties

This is Socks. Helping the human with their work, no doubt. Good job, socks!
Socks

This is Sneaky Pie from the Kwee Cats. Look at that head tilt!
SneakyPieCompNap

Jasper submitted this picture of behalf of Smokey, who doesn't have a blog. Just as well, because look at that napping form!
Smokey

That's it for day one of competition, folks! Tune in tomorrow for the next round!

41 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

There are some very impressive entries. The judges will have a hard job awarding medals.

The Whiskeratti said...

Wow, those were some pawsome entries. I'm glad I don't have to choose!

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Great entries already. I don't envy the judges!

The Florida Furkids said...

Super entries! We can't wait for tomorrow!!

The Florida Furkids and Lexi

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

We feel so relaxed just looking at these champion nappers!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Good luck everyone!


Yes, I was helping the humans with their work. Sometimes they do not know when to take a break it is very important to enforce proper breaks for rest and relaxation even if you has to throw your whole body into the effort. ~Socks

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Looks like everybody's really good at napping which I didn't realize involved free-style, butterfly..er, ah, backstroke???

Anyway, good luck to everybody!
Can't wait to see more :)

Tom xx

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, if this is only day one, how are the judges possibly going to choose a winner from so many amazing athletes??? We don't envy the judges one bit!

Random Felines said...

those are great entries - mom says she is glad she doesn't have to choose. :)

Mariodacat said...

WOW - Those are all great. I wouldn't want to be a judge.

The Island Cats said...

Y'know, Huffle? We were really mad that our mom failed to send in our entries. But after seeing this first group, we see the competition is fierce, so maybe we're better off that we didn't enter.

Elyse K said...

Oh boy, these are all very competitive nappers! I agree with the Whiskeratti, pawsome entries!

Cory said...

I'm getting ::yawn:: very sleepy...can't imagine why. zzzzzzzz

Cara n Crew said...

yoW! our mom couldn't stop squeeing! so many cute sleepers! we're really tired now too! what an event! thanks for hosting, Huffle! can't wait for the rest!

Pip, Smidgen, minnie, Hollie

Unknown said...

Look at that competition! Wow!
May the best animal win!
Kisses
Nellie

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Wowweee! That's just part of them?? Tough competition!! All of those are great!

Psst, yup, Star's bum is much higher than her head, I dont know how she could have slept that way..

The Cat Guy said...

Wow, great entries this year. Gonna be tough on the judges, can't wait to see more!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Wow! We're so glad we don't have to pic a winner. They're all great nappers!

Pasha's Mommy said...

Feel sorry for the judges! How do you even get started to decide who is best?

cristina said...

a very good round! can't wait for the next and the next and the next :)

Princess Jasmine said...

Wow, there are some amazing competitors. This has got to be the best event for kitties :)xx

Anonymous said...

Oh this event just makes me Smile Smile Smile! Such tremendously adept athletes! I'll be back to catch the next set! :D
Thank your for Hosting such a wonderful event! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Mr Puddy said...

All are PAWSOME ! I'm sure the Judge can't sleep...THINK HARD !

Have a great day MISS HUFFLE & MR GOON...tee...heh
Xoxo

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Such GRACE and FORM. Bravo To the Athletes.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Holy cod, these will be TOUCH to judge, they're all fantastic!

BTW, we want to know where Tucker's head is, never mind his legs! Hahaha!

HoundDogMom said...

Those are some great nappers for sure. Thanks for all you are doing for the blogville olympics we do apprecaite it. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

SuziQCat said...

These are all excellent entries!

Tucker said...

Oh I works very hard for this contest - like 18 hours a day!! I fink Willow is adorable... but if anyone asks I never said a khat was khute... I has a dog reputation to uphold.

woof - Tucker

wildcatwoods said...

Great shots - good luck to all. We like that the judges are impartial - very fair way to choose.

cats of wildcat woods

George The Lad said...

You cats sure know how to nap, round of a paws to you all

My Mind's Eye said...

Huffle I had now idea napping could be such fun and creative. I've learned quite a bit from all the excellent competitors.
Hugs Madi hostess of Gymnastics tomorrow.

Reuben said...

I is so proud of my cousin Tater! What an amazing napper, but there is so many good nappers I will be on the edge of my seat for the next 4 days! I will also be asleep on that edge.

Love,
Reuben

The Army of Four said...

Can they all win!?!?
Play bows,
Zim
PS: I'm glad my mom is helping judge, not me. I'd never be able to choose!

Unknown said...

We agree...That will be terribly difficult to judge.Such cute and adorable postures! Congratulations, Everyone! Great event!
Wags,
Gin, Bud n shadow

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Pawsome entries today and its going to be a very hard choice.. Good luck to all.. Hugs GJ xx

Mariodacat said...

Whew, more good entries - I feel for the judges. So
many good ones.

Katie Isabella said...

OH I am overwhelmed by all the great pictures of napping kitties and goggies in the contest. Each one is a winner to me

Scooter said...

Wow, these are some seriously athletic nappers! What a great group of competitors and these pix are BOL funny. Sure can tell we all love our Zzzzzz's. Thanks so much for hosting!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Athlete

Matilda the Boxer said...

I'm in awe of all these pawsome athletes. Grreat job, everyone!

Deb Barnes - Zee and Zoey said...

My goodness!!! I can't begin to imagine how you will pick from all of these AMAZING entries!! Wow... all these cats take Competitive Napping very seriously!!!

Kwee Cats and Art said...

Gosh, there are sooooo many just super entries!